My New [Old] Scanner Wire Aerial

Check out my latest scanner aerial. It's basically a piece of wire with a BNC connection lol. But guess what. It works really well. It came with this weird home made airband scanner I managed to pick up. Not the scanner pictured in this post. The air-band receiver this antenna came with doesn't work. All I'm getting is noise.


old_wire_aerial_rx

Proper old school aerial. Much better than these two


I've had a look at it and I think the problem is a blown fuse. So I'm gonna have to get some fuses. There's three different types inside this receiver. The one that looks like its blown is a T100ma 250V (S) Slow Blow. Hopefully replacing this does the trick and I can get it to work. I'll make a post about it soon and show some pics etc. Somebody has literally made it themselves. It's very basic, but the person who made it obviously has some knowledge with electronics / radio building. It's quite an interesting item. 


homemade_aerial_works_well

Works just as well as a stock antenna. If not a little bit better. 
Scanner in the picture: A very fitting, old school Realistic Pro 50


There is an RX receiver inside called something like "R & EW CH Airband RX". Never heard of it. Not that I'm the all-knowing RX receiver man or anything. I know nothing about receiver components that are installed on the internal boards. However, I can't find out much about it online, so maybe its a bit of an unknown. But yeah, I'll post some info about it soon. Might wait until I get the fuse. But that could be a while as it is out of stock in the few places I've tried.

No comments:

Popular