Shira FR-1106 Multi-Band Radio Receiver

The Shira FR-1106 Multi-Band Radio Receiver can pick up MW, CB1, CB2, VHF and AIR band. It's an old radio and appears to be quite rare as a Shira model. The design itself, though, is not so rare. It looks as though this design was used by many companies, who made radios that all looked rather similar. And all the companies did was differ the design slightly and slap their brand name on the front.




I've seen a few different types, but the Shira FR-1106 is one of the nicer ones. It's a "portable" handheld radio but its big, man. Takes 4 AA batteries and is fairly loud when turned up. The headphone jack is a mono, so only works in one ear.




Going on the old school "Shira" font on my radio, it looks like Shira FR-1106 is from the late 1960's or early 1970's. It still works really well. I've never been able to pick up any CB radio on it, despite me checking that there was CB talk going on using a proper scanner, and then turning on the Shira FR-1106 and trying to find them talking on there. I could not find it. Maybe the frequencies of the channels are different now than they were in the 70's. I'm not sure.





I'm certain its not broken in anyway as it works great everywhere else. The only thing I wish it had that it doesn't have is a little light inside where tuning window is. One of those dull orange ones from the 70's. That would have been nice. Cool radio though overall.


No comments:

Popular