SDR# Plugins Seem Outdated

Getting back into SDR after at least 10 year since I last played around with it and I've been very disappointed and surprised in how there seems to have been minimal progress with plugins and there ease of use. I thought at this point many of them would have been quick installations or copy the DLL file to a certain folder and put the keys in the .XML file etc, but no. Yes, some of them are like this, but most of the really useful / needed plugins are not.

Most of the plugins and posts I came across were very outdated. Like there hasn't been much progress at all. Some as old as 2013. Digital decoding, APCO, Tetra, Trunking, all of these plugins need other software to work. I came across a "simple APCO" P25 plugin for SDR#, but once activated, it just made SDR sharp suddenly stop working.


SDR_Sharp_Interface_RTL

Airspy / SDR# Interface


For me, I'm still using Windows 7 32-bit [yep, I'm just as outdated], and many of the above mentioned plugins need other software to work, and that requires a 64-bit system. So this makes them unusable for me. I could not get any of the more needed plugins to work with my setup.


I did get a few to work / install [digital audio processor, DSD interface and TETRA demodulator], but they don't really seem to do anything. I know DSD may require the DSD+ software installed, but it did not work on my computer.

SDR works great as an analogue scanner though, so I'll keep on using it for that at least, and i'll do some more research and try to get some of the plugins to work. I'm only using a tiny little antenna that came with the dongle when I bought it over 10 years ago.

I might buy a Yagi antenna. I really wanted, at the very least, a digital decoder for SDR. So much is digital now. Does anyone know of a plugin for digital decoding that works with a 32-bit system and doesn't need additional software that's only 64-bit.

No comments:

Popular