Newer UV K5 8 Come With a Better Antenna

Older Quansheng UV K5 8 came with an antenna that was almost completely plain other than the number 8 embossed on the side. The newer, but same model UV K5 8's come with an upgraded aerial that says: "U / V Antenna" on the side. Well, at least mine did. In my opinion, after testing both aerials, the newer "U / V Antenna" [pictured below] is better. It seems to pick up signals better and slightly clearer than the older "8" model. I would be tempted to buy a few of the newer ones for some of my normal scanners. I've been quite impressed. You can find the Quansheng radio with updated antenna here.


K5-8_Antenna_UHF_VHF


I think even the blue screen UV 5R model comes with this new antenna now. Although I haven't actually bought one, it does look like the newer antenna is on the 5R in the product images from the seller. So yeah, I think any radio bought now, unless old stock that's yet to be sold, will come with the new aerial. 

No comments:

Popular