The standard analogue antenna that comes with the Quansheng K5 / K6 works great with DMR signals. I've tested many antennas on my Baofeng 1701 DMR radio [here], and most analogue antennas I have do work quite well on this radio for digital signals. However, it's the stock antenna that comes with the Quansheng K5 / K6 that I use almost all the time now on this radio. Some antennas, even ones that would be considered much better than the stock Quansheng antenna, can be choppy when it comes to picking up some DMR signal replies between received conversations.
Yes. My antenna is wrapped in clingfilm.
But with the stock Quansheng antenna the choppy / broken signals are almost non existent. Even though its quite a small antenna and not considered very good by some people, It works great for DMR. But I also think its an underrated antenna for analogue as well. If you've been looking for a decent, small in size antenna for your DMR, and you own a Quansheng radio, give the stock antenna a go. I don't think you will be disappointed. I'm certainly not.
No comments:
Post a Comment