Quansheng UV 5R Plus Dead Dodo @ 27MHz

I knew that the UV 5R Plus was basically the same radio as the UV K5 8 [also known as the K6], but I still wanted to test it just to confirm. The test was to see if the UV 5R is as dead as a dodo @ 27MHz (CB bands) as the UV K5 8 is when egzumer has been installed. Well, the answer is yes, it's just as dead as the UV K5 8. Shame really. I had CB people talking on my GRE PSR 255, so turned on the 5R Plus to see if that could pick them up. Nope. Wouldn't stop on any frequency in and around 27MHz. Weird, because both Quansheng's work well everywhere else.


5rp

Good radio in most other fequency areas, such as 182MHz [West Midlands UK Bus Drivers] - but at 27MHz its totally dead,


It's quite obvious to me that its the software. I wonder if the developers of egzumer will do some sort of update to fix this issue. I think they have done a few fixes over the year(s). I think one was sorting out the airband to be better. So its not out of the realms of possibility that they couldn't sort this CB problem out. But maybe the demand isn't there yet. But If enough people moan about it they might get round to it. So get moaning. Catch me tomorrow.

No comments:

Popular