How To Stop Squelch Noise Quansheng

In a previous post I talked about how I couldn't stop the Quansheng [with egzumer installed] from making that white squelch noise when monitoring a frequency. Like, as soon as the people stopped talking / transmission ends the squelch noise would begin, and it seemed like there was no way to turn if off and sit and monitor the frequency in silence. Turns out its the easiest thing ever.


Quansheng_Squelch_Off_Slience

Picture: The frequency [179 - 183MHz] is where many of the West Midlands / Birmingham bus stations operate. Can hear all types of transmissions from the bus drivers and staff in the depots. Just thought I'd let you know in case you were local-ish and wanted to listen.

Once in monitor mode [middle side button below the big TX / Transceiver talk button] and the transmission ends and the noise starts, all that is needed is to press the menu button once and the white noise will completely stop. Now the radio will sit on the chosen frequency in monitor mode in silence. The menu button is the big one at the top that says  "M" "A" on it. A big M and a small A. See the pic.

Amazing how easy it is and I was dumbfounded for ages trying to figure out why I couldn't get the squelch to be quiet. And here was me thinking; surely they didn't leave that option out. How silly if they have. haha. No. It's just that I'm stupid.. This works with both the UV K5 /K6 and UV 5R Plus. As long as they have egzumer installed. Not sure about with the stock software as I haven't tried it. I'd guess not though as the stock software is quite different. See ya later.

No comments:

Popular